16.11.15

Journal tips & ideas 4...


One of my favourite things to do is journaling.  I know many of you struggle with it but words on your layouts and project life are so important.  It's what gives the photos history.  Remember you won't always be around to explain what is going on in the photo.

One of my other favourite things (I really love this one) is to make lists.  Yep, I can list about anything!
I love to make lists about what I want to achieve, goals I would like to chase after.  
Most people like summer, it lets you get out and about and soak up the fresh air.  It also allows you to relax and unwind.  Summer for me is all of this plus its HOT!  It can get so hot here that we just don't do anything.  We stay inside in the airconditioning.
It keeps us cool but our long summer break (school holidays are about 6/7 weeks) can get very long and boring.  This summer I wanted to set some fun goals, to give me a little prompt to get outside and enjoy life... whether its hot or not.

The new digital stamps from Kellie Stamps inspired me to write my manifesto and I thought for something different I would try a 12x12 photo.  I am fairly new to digital scrapbooking so it can take me awhile to figure something out.  Adding the words onto my photo in photoshop was fun but I wasn't sure if my spacing would be right or not.  So I decided to add "strip text" as this would allow me to move things around if my spacing wasn't quite right.  I could have done all the journaling in photoshop but I wanted to add some texture, I didn't want it to be a completely digital layout.

Strip text journaling is a form that I have used many, many times. Mostly because I can type up my journaling and then find a space on my layout for it to go.  This also allows me freedom to create a layout the way I want and not worry about the journaling as I can just add it after.  This type of journaling is also a good way to get your words down on paper if you are going to a crop night.  Then all you have to do is cut up your words and find a space to add to your layout.




Now that I have my "to do" list I am all ready for summer.  
But maybe not the hot weather LOL!

Love me :-)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome layout, Tracey, love that you've turned your journaling into so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you've dovetailed the strips and the 'big' words - lovely. Hard to believe other people have it so hot in summer - we're just going into winter, and even in our summer it's never so hot you can't go out.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.