16.2.20

Pieces of Us - Reflection...


This project has been amazing.  Firstly I am super proud of myself for completing the whole challenge, getting it documented and uploaded, waiting to be printed into a photobook at the end of the year.

This was a particularly hard week for me and one where I needed to find a lot of strength to get through it.  At one point it all got too hard for me and I just hit rock bottom.  Doing this project made me look at everything a little differently.  Yes my week was hard (bloody hard actually) but taking photos of my day made me stop, look and think about, not just the big awful thing but the little good things as well.  I needed to give myself a little love these last few days and also practice a little self love.  I often wonder if projects like these come up just when you need them.

I also loved the format that I chose to document this project.  I know what I'm like, if I make things too difficult I just don't finish them.  Breaking each day down into little snippets was a way for me to include many things without too much hassle.  Using the same template for each day also meant not having to think to much about how I was going to set it all out.  I also liked the template because I could change it up depending on how many photos I took.  Some days were a double page spread and others were just a single page.  

My favourite though is probably the last two pages.  The prompt was to take a "reflection" photo.  I took just one photo and decided to do a reflection in words about the week.  As I said before this project helped me in so many ways this week.  I am just so glad I took part, made it easy, took photos of myself and told my story.

I have shared my pages on Instagram but I have included them below so you can see them all together.




This really has been a wonderful project.Tracey xo


1 comment:

  1. I am happy you kept going. Your photos and layouts are wonderful. It really was a fantastic project, even the hard days.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.