9.2.20

Pieces of Us - self portrait adventure...

I am so excited about Ali Edwards "Pieces of Us - Self portrait challenge" and I cannot wait to get started tomorrow.  

One of the reasons I am so excited about this project is because back in 2015 I took part in the #myselfiescrapbook challenge where I created a photobook based on a list of prompts and selfies based on those prompts.  It is still one of my most favourite projects ever.  I often think about doing the challenge again and creating another photobook just to see how life has changed so when Ali announced the Pieces of Us challenge I knew I had to take part.  




I thought I would share my thoughts about this challenge and how I intend to document it.  As you know I am doing a photobook so my pages are digital.  I have already made my base pages using a page from the "Yearbook Album Kit" from Paislee Press.  I resized the template as the original template is 12x12 and by photobook is 5x8.  I deleted some of the elements as they didn't all fit plus I didn't need that many spaces for photos.

At this stage I am thinking of approaching this project similar to that of  a "Day In the Life".  For example a double page spread would be photos and words all about Feet then the next double page would be hands etc.  I am not setting this idea in stone as it just depends on how many photos I can take each day.  I don't want this to be bigger than it needs to be, I need to keep it simple.  I know what I am like and if I make it too hard I won't finish it.

Happy Selfie taking and I can't wait to see all the fabulous stories and photos that we uncover.

Tracey
xo

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this project Tracey! I hope to participate though I really hate seeing myself in pictures and I struggle with photography :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey,
    Thank you for your post. I plan to participate too. But I do not know, how to handle the pictures afterwards. It has to bea easy and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this idea. I have been playing along and thinking about how I want to put these prompts together

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.