7.2.19

When you have no photo - part one...


One of the most frustrating things in memory keeping, for me anyway, is having a story that I want to tell but don't have a photo to go with the story.  If you have teenage children you will know exactly what I mean, they hate having their photo taken.  There are also times when you got so caught up in the moment that you simply didn't get a photo. But sometimes there just isn't a thing to photograph to represent your story.  Over this next month I am going to share different things that I use when I don't have a photo to go along with my story.

A few weeks back my daughter came home from work to inform us that she had been offered extra duties at work that also included free accommodation.  Yep, she was going to be moving out of home.  As a Mum I was both excited for her but sad for me.

I really wanted to document this phase in her life and in my life, but, no photo.  I could have asked if I could take a photo of her right then and there, obviously she would have said no but it was also at night so the photo wouldn't have been that great anyway.  I have been playing around in ProCreate lately and I can say that it's definitely my absolute favourite app at the moment and decided that I would have a go at drawing a picture to match my story.  When my daughter does move out, she won't have a lot to move, her clothes, her bed and maybe a few bits and pieces.  So I drew three boxes, plus her pillow and her teddy bear (which she never leaves home without) and added it to my words.  I love how well it compliments the story but it also adds my own personal drawings.  Although I did this in the ProCreate app you could have just as easily done a simple drawing on paper to be adhered in your journal/travellers notebooks or straight onto a journal card.  If drawing is not your thing maybe search to internet for some clipart or other pictures that you can download and print.

The important thing though is to get the story told.

If you have any other ideas I would love to hear about them.

xox Tracey

3 comments:

  1. Yes - the important thing is getting the story told! I have lots of layouts that don't have photos for that exact reason. I usually try to use supplies that support or convey the mood of the page. I made a page about my dislike for swimming and used a die-cut from an old Crate Paper line of a woman diving. Sometimes I'll "stage" a photo of inanimate objects that go along with the story, similar to what you've done with your beautiful illustration. I've used ephemera or memorabilia to stand in for a photo (clothing tags on a page about a memorable shopping trip). Most of the time, the story is a deep one and I find I have lots of journaling which takes up space on the page anyway. Looking forward to the rest of your series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about telling the story - when I look back it's the little moments that seem so full of meaning and poignancy ... I like your technique on this page :). Finding things to support the story? I've used a photo of an associated object, or a montage, or a photo of the person concerned from a different occasion and found a way of linking them through the journalling: e.g. When you were ...., i'd never have thought that (x) years/months later, you ... Sometimes just a nice patterned paper and design will be fine. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ebhota who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by salami, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Ehbota cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Ebhota healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    HERPES. he also cure my friend from cervical cancer Email: drebhotasoultion@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348089535482

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.