22.1.16

Happy 18th Birthday...



On Wednesday we celebrated my daughters 18th birthday.  It was such a wonderful day which started with going out for breakfast and ending with a dinner for friends and family at her favourite restaurant.

Several weeks ago I ordered "HB2U custom mini flair buttons" from Feed Your Craft because they would be the perfect addition to add to some projects that I wanted to do for my daughter.  These mini flairs are the best because you can have any age added.  Here are the projects that I made using these mini flairs.


This was her present - I cut some purple wrapping out to make two long strips. I then added some tissue paper which I cut a fringe into.  I used a paper doily plus a scalloped circle cut from a Stampin Up punch and cut the horseshoes out using my silhouette cameo. I put them all together to make a ribbon similar to the ones given out at horse riding events as my daughter is right into her horses.  The little acrylic heart is from Colorcast Designs.


My next project was to make her birthday card.  I decided to keep to the same theme as I liked the way they all looked together.  I cut the 18 card out using my silhouette.


Then I moved onto the cake topper.  Again I kept to the theme.
This project was very close to my heart so I wanted to make sure that it was personal and beautiful.



One of the best things about these mini flairs is that they stick to glitter paper really well.  I did not have to apply any extra glue which is what I usually have to do when using this glitter paper.

I couldn't have been more happy with they way they all came together.
But in the end, it was all about my daughter and she loved them so that's what really counts.

Now to go and sit, relax with a cuppa and flip through all the wonderful photos of my daughters special day.
Love me :-)






1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Tracey! Sounds like your daughter had a lovely day! xo

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.