7.1.20

OLW - Starting out slow...


I thought I would share my progress so far on my OLW for 2020.

In previous years I went all out in the first few days of January, printed out all my cards, wrote all my intentions, reason why etc etc.  Posted in on Instagram and was very proud of my self at my great achievement.  However, I found that this meant I got January done and out of the way but that's where it ended.  Of course I had my OLW with me for the entire year but I didn't really work on it or let it work on me.  Some years I did some of the other other prompts and some years, well, I didn't.  As like every other year I am determined to do this right this year, and to make sure, I am going slow.

I have done some of the prompts for January but for the most part I am just letting my word smoulder inside of me, see what it's trying to tell me, what direction it wants me to go in.  I have also decided to it digitally, which to be honest, I am not sure how it's going to go but I am willing to try it out.  My intention is to get it printed into a photobook at the end of the year... if I continue to work on my word.



I used this quote (above) last year and decided to use it again.  I love the words and I like the encouragement to work on becoming me, just me and I like that.  I even kept some of the same words that I used for my reason why etc because those things still need my full attention.  I haven't done my intentions yet because I am still mulling over what I want from this year, myself and life.

After listening to the first class video a lot of what Ali said really struck a cord with me.  In particular the words "it's ok to go slow".  That is what I am doing this time round, going slow, listening, looking, feeling, wandering, asking and playing with my word.

I also like these lines...
"it's ok to dip your toe in and see if it's right for you"
"own where you are"
You are starting a new relationship"
"Show up. You get out of something what you put in"

all of these things are forefront in my mind and will help guide me through my word.

I am also going to add in extra pages when I see something that I want to remember like this journal card from Ali Edwards.  This will be a double page in my photobook and one that I already love.
I hope you are enjoying your OLW so far and I can't wait to see all the adventures that our word will lead us on.

Tracey
xo

1 comment:

  1. Going slow is such a useful permission-to-oneself - there is no value in going fast unless we're pursued by a tiger :). I like your approach of letting things mulch down and settle. And I love your final image and quote from Ali. Looking forward to seeing where this takes you this year and hoping you will truly feel nourished by the end.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.